SME Server:Documentation:Administration Manual
The Koozali SME Server project
Koozali Foundation Inc. together with its community hosted atis a collaborative effort of volunteers. You too can contribute to the development and continuity of the Koozali SME Server project as described on our page. Everybody is welcome to join the already 4000+ member community and can contribute with any skill set.
You can also show your support by making financial donations. The preferred way to make financial donations is using theoption in the . You are free to choose any amount and frequency, being monthly, yearly or only once. The benefit of donating through your forums account is that your forum user name will receive a badge, showing your donation status. If you do not have a forum account, you can create one, or select the below PayPal option to make your donations.
Organizations that use Koozali SME Server for their business, provide professional services related to SME Server or in any other way benefit commercially from the Koozali SME Server project, are kindly requested to consider regular financial donations that reflect their business benefits.
Koozali Foundation Inc. is happy to supply an invoice for any donations received. For more information on invoicing please send a mail to email@example.com.
Thank you for your considerations and support!
This guide is intended for those who are in charge of the Administration of a SME Server. It provides a tour of the Administrator (server-manager), with explanations of each of the menu items in the Administrator area. It also goes through the Help Screens which are available to Administrators as they are installing their server.
- 1.1 About This Guide
- 1.x Server Features
- 4.1 Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 4.2 Recommended Hardware Requirements
- 4.3 Hard Drive Configuration
- 4.4 Supported Ethernet or SCSI Adapters, or Tape Drives
- 5.1 Licensing Terms and Conditions
- 5.2 RAID1 Support (Disk Mirroring)
- 5.3 Upgrading From A Previous Version
- 5.4 Installing the Software
- 5.5 Configuring your SME Server
- 6.1 Using the Text-based Browser
- 6.2 Accessing the Linux Root Prompt
- 7.1 What Order to do Things
- 7.2 Configuring Your Desktop Operating System
- 9.1 Users
- 9.2 Groups
- 9.3 Quotas
- 9.4 Pseudonyms
- 9.5 Information Bays
- 10.1 Backup or restore
- 10.2 View log files
- 10.3 Mail log file analysis
- 10.4 Reboot or shutdown
- 11.1 Remote Access
- 11.2 Local networks
- 11.3 Port forwarding
- 11.4 Proxy settings
- 12.1 Support and licensing
- 12.2 Create Starter Web Site
- 12.3 Online manual
- 12.4 Other Administration Notes
- 13.1 Software Installer
- 13.2 Set date and time
- 13.3 Workgroup
- 13.4 Directory
- 13.5 Printers
- 13.6 Hostnames and addresses
- 13.7 Domains
- 13.8 E-mail
- 13.9 Review Configuration
One page Administration Manual
All the chapters on one page. This is a very large page !