Trac is a minimalistic approach to web-based management of software projects. Its goal is to simplify effective tracking and handling of software issues, enhancements and overall progress.
- Simple setup through SME server-manager web panel
- Trac projects can be separately enabled per domain
- Used with and complementary to the SME Subversion Webpanel were Trac provides a browser with a colourised view of your subversion repository and its change sets.
- Access configurable for Local Network Only or Entire Internet
- Configurable list of users and/or user groups that are allowed to login.
- Configurable entry point in the Subversion repository so you can setup multiple Trac Project environments pointing to different projects or modules within the same repository.
- User authentication uses SME user names and passwords.
- Many Trac configuration items automatically configured and updated by the SME server configuration.
- Preset Trac permissions with anonymous users mostly having read only access and wiki create and write access only granted to authenticated users.
- SME admin is also the Trac Administrator.
- Trac WebAdmin interface accessible to the admin user for further configuration of components, versions, milestones and permissions.
This contrib can be found in the SME Contribs repository (available on SME Servers as of smeserver-yum-1.2.0-41). To install this contrib get shell access as root user and issue the following command (Note: the Through IP repository is still required to install a small number of dependency rpm packages for trac):
yum install smeserver-trac --enablerepo=smecontribs --enablerepo=through-ip
The following command will configure the Through-IP repository on SME Server.
/sbin/e-smith/db yum_repositories set through-ip repository \ BaseURL http://through-ip.com/packages/smeserver/i386/ \ Name 'Through IP Pty. Ltd.' \ EnableGroups yes \ Visible yes \ GPGCheck no \ status disabled
After adding it to the database we have to update the changes to the configuration file:
More information about Trac can be found on http://trac.edgewall.com.
More information on the SME Subversion Web Panel can be found in http://wiki.contribs.org/Subversion.