Trac is a minimalistic approach to web-based management of software projects. Its goal is to simplify effective tracking and handling of software issues, enhancements and overall progress.
This version of Trac is even easier to use as it is integrated into an SME Server with the following features:
- Simple setup through SME server-manager web panel
- Trac projects can be separately enabled per domain
- Used with and complementary to the SME Subversion Webpanel were Trac provides a browser with a colourised view of your subversion repository and its change sets.
- Access configurable for Local Network Only or Entire Internet
- Configurable list of users and/or user groups that are allowed to login.
- Configurable entry point in the Subversion repository so you can setup multiple Trac Project environments pointing to different projects or modules within the same repository.
- User authentication uses SME user names and passwords.
- Many Trac configuration items automatically configured and updated by the SME server configuration.
- Preset Trac permissions with anonymous users mostly having read only access and wiki create and write access only granted to authenticated users.
- SME admin is also the Trac Administrator.
- Trac WebAdmin interface accessible to the admin user for further configuration of components, versions, milestones and permissions.
This contrib can be found in the SME Contribs repository (available on SME Servers as of smeserver-yum-1.2.0-41). To install this contrib get shell access as root user and issue the following command (Note: the Through IP repository is still required to install a small number of dependency rpm packages for trac):
yum install smeserver-trac --enablerepo=smecontribs
More information about Trac can be found on http://trac.edgewall.com.
More information on the SME Subversion Web Panel can be found in http://wiki.contribs.org/Subversion.
Please raise bugs under the SME-Contribs section in bugzilla and select the smeserver-trac component or use this link .
Below is an overview of the current issues for this contrib:
|ID||Product||Version||Status||Summary (4 tasks) ⇒|
|7134||SME Contribs||8.0||UNCONFIRMED||Unable to install TRAC to sme 8.0 - missing python 2.4|
|5137||SME Contribs||7.4||CONFIRMED||Removing trac will purge databases|
|4428||SME Contribs||7.3||CONFIRMED||trac.ini ownership gets corrupted after trac project modification through server-manager panel|
|3549||SME Contribs||7.2||CONFIRMED||Very large subversion databases cause SME Server panel timouts|
Only released version in smecontrib are listed here.