Torrentflux for SME Server
- TorrentFlux/b4rt is a PHP based Torrent client that runs on a web server.
- Manage all of your Torrent downloads through a convenient web interface from anywhere.
yum --enablerepo=smecontribs install smeserver-tf-b4rt
No need to reboot.
Open YOURSERVER/torrent in a web browser
First login with a new username/password, this user is the superadmin, then review and change settings.
Change Document Root Path: as below, all other settings are optional, ignore the warnings
Possibly required, needs the dag repo to be configured
yum install perl-XML-Simple perl-XML-DOM --enablerepo=dag
To remove this package issue the following command on the SME Server shell:
rpm -e tf-b4rt smeserver-tf-b4rt
Torrents are downloaded to /opt/b4rt/html/downloads, for users to access these:
1. The user can download the file to their PC using the web interface
2. Admin can create a symbolic link to an existing ibay
cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/ibay1/files ln -s /opt/b4rt/html/downloads/
3. Admin can create a new samba share, and map a new drive with netlogon
nano -w /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/smb.conf/50torrent [torrent] comment = torrent Files path = /opt/b4rt/html/downloads/ browseable = yes read only = no writable = yes printable = no inherit permissions = yes create mode = 0660
nano -w /home/e-smith/files/samba/netlogon/netlogon.bat <snip> net use t: \\servername\torrent
The first user to login becomes a super admin
The manual is available at /torrent/manual.txt
You can fine tune access to torrentflux with DB settings. For more details see Web Application RPM#New DB settings.
- wget needs php-cli, this is just too much work for a gui wget
- searching often fails, google for your .torrent url, then copy and paste the URL into the Torrent Field.