The following instructions are based entirely on the work of owen in his post http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=33417.0. I have used the instructions twice, once as is and once to install the latest version of MoinMoin 1.6.3. I have modified the instructions to use 1.6.3. I installed it on and have it running on an SME v7.3
From the MoinMoin site; MoinMoin is an advanced, easy to use and extensible WikiEngine with a large community of users. Said in a few words, it is about collaboration on easily editable web pages.
I like it because it has a nice gui edit mode. I have also recently discovered that it supports a wide range of embedded functions like videos. Here is a list from the MoinMoin wiki of supported embedded applications; x-shockwave-flash, x-dvi, postscript, pdf, ogg, vnd.visio, x-ms-bmp, svg+xml, tiff, x-photoshop, mpeg, midi, x-wav, fli, mpeg, quicktime, x-msvideo, x-pdb, x-vrml.
How to install and configure MoinMoin on SME Server.
- Download MoinMoin from the MoinMoin website.
- Extract the tarball and install MoinMoin on your server by executing on a command line 'python setup.py' from the extracted source directory. This will install it to the site-packages directory of python. (If this isn't self-explanatory to you, please see http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/BasicInstallation).
- Create an Ibay and Copy Files Create a new ibay for your wiki (make sure you enable web access and CGI). In this example we will use the name 'testwiki' for the ibay. (If you wish to use a different name, please substitute it where you see 'testwiki' anywhere below)
- Execute the following on a SME Server shell:
cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testwiki cp -r /usr/share/moin/data cgi-bin cp -r /usr/share/moin/underlay cgi-bin cp /usr/share/moin/config/wikiconfig.py cgi-bin cp /usr/share/moin/server/moin.cgi cgi-bin rm html/index.html cp -r /usr/share/moin/htdocs/* html chown www cgi-bin/data -R chown www cgi-bin/underlay -R
- Edit wikiconfig.py in your cgi-bin directory. Find and change the following lines:
sitename = u'My Test Wiki' logo_string = u'<img src="/testwiki/common/moinmoin.png" alt=MoinMoin Logo">' url_prefix = '/testwiki'
- Edit index.html in the html directory. There are two occurrences of 'moin.cgi' in this file. They need to be prepended by 'cgi-bin/' so that they say 'cgi-bin/moin.cgi'
- Test the Wiki in Your Browser Now open up a browser window and go to http://your-server/testwiki. If the installation has worked then you should see 'My Test Wiki' in the title bar and MoinMoin displaying in the browser. If only text shows up in the browser and no images, check that you have correctly set the url_prefix in wikiconfig.py as described above. If you have any other errors, please check that have followed all the instructions correctly.
Further Configuration and Administration
Now that the wiki in installed and working, go to http://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration and read up on further tasks to be performed if you are not already familiar with the software. Most importantly you will want to create a login for yourself and assign yourself admin rights.
You may also wish to change permissions on the files in the i-bay to suit your security and access requirements.