Mnemo for SME Server
John Bennett Services - JBS (software)
- Mnemo is the Horde notes and memos application.
- It lets users keep free-text notes and other bits of information which doesn't fit as a contact, a todo item, an event, etc.
- It is very similar in functionality to the Palm Memo application.
Step-by-step HowTo for installation of Mnemo.
1. Log in (with username root) to the SMEserver console.
2. Download and install mnemo and smeserver-mnemo with:
yum --enablerepo=smecontribs install smeserver-mnemo
3. Do following commands for the changes to take effect:
signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot
Your SME server reboots
4. Enable webmail access in server-manager (if not already done)
5. Open https://yourserver/webmail
6. Log in and check out "Memo"-item.
Check installed version
yum info installed *mnemo*
That will show both packages.
yum remove *mnemo*
Check spec (when asked) that no unintended packages have been included.
Announcement: SME Server 7.x Contribs
More tips about email in this HowTo: Email
If you connect to the SMEserver console by Putty ssh-client (or similar) you can copy and paste the commands (very convenient).
Please do edit if you find errors or have improvements.
Please raise bugs under the SME-Contribs section in bugzilla and select the smeserver-mnemo component or use this link .
Tested software version
Host: SME server 7.3, updated 2008-01-19.
Software: Installed: smeserver-mnemo.noarch 0:1.1-2
Dependency Installed: mnemo-h3.noarch 0:2.1.1-1