FrontAccounting is a web based accounting system for small companies. It is a simple, but powerful, system for the entire ERP chain. It has a small footprint, it's fast and uses the default LAMP stack of your SME Server, so all data will be included in any default backup method. No other software is required, it installs just fine on a stock SME Server.
This how-to can be discussed on the forums here
- Both SME8 & 9
- Download the latest version from here (Latest version 2.3.21) to your normal installation/root directory on your SME Server using the wget command. (in this example '/root/install')
- Create an ibay in server manager, with the following typical settings:
Information bay name - fa, Description - fa ibay, Group - Admin, User access - Write = group, Read = everyone, Public access via web - Entire Internet (no password required), Execution of dynamic content - Enabled
- Extract the downloaded file into root of the new ibay (in this example called 'fa' ), where it will replace the existing html directory.
rm -rf /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html tar zxvf /root/install/frontaccounting-2.3.18.tar.gz -C /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/ mv /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/frontaccounting /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html chown -R admin:www /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html
- Set appropriate ibay settings at the command line prompt:
db accounts setprop fa \ AllowOverride All \ FollowSymLinks enabled \ Group www \ PHPBaseDir /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html/:/tmp/ \ PublicAccess global \ UserAccess wr-group-rd-everyone
- Update the ibay
signal-event ibay-modify fa
- Enable the MySQL innoDB engine. See this link. (Required)
- Create a new MySQL database (In this example the database name is databasename. Change databasename, username and password with your own choices as required)
Login as root and issue the following command:
mysql create database databasename; grant all privileges on databasename.* to username identified by 'password'; flush privileges; exit
- Browse to http://yourserver/fa and follow install script
After initial setup and you can login as administartor into FrontAccounting, please check under 'Setup -> System Diagnostics' what additional advisories you should follow. e.g. disable the install wizzard, set correct permissions etc.
- Set permissions
chmod 440 /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html/config_db.php /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html/config.php rm -rf /home/e-smith/files/ibays/fa/html/install
Please refer to the FrontAccounting wiki for further details.