Download Ticket Service (or DL for short) is a file exchange service that allows you to upload any file to a web server and generate a unique ticket for others to download. The ticket is automatically expired according to the specified rules, so that you don't need to keep track or cleanup afterward. "dl" also allows you to grant an anonymous, one-time upload for others to send you a file, without the requirement of account management.
This contrib has been developped and tested on SME Server 8 and later.
Configure Firewall-Services's repository:
yum install smeserver-extrarepositories-remi-safe smeserver-extrarepositories-fws smeserver-extrarepositories-epel -y signal-event yum-modify
- install the rpms
yum --enablerepo=fws,epel install smeserver-dl
- Appply the needed configuration:
config set UnsavedChanges no signal-event webapps-update
if you are running on a x86_64 system you need also to issue
service php-fpm restart service php56-php-fpm restart service php70-php-fpm restart service php71-php-fpm restart
You can now access the application using this URL: https://your-server.domain.tld/dl All users created on your SME Server can login with their usual credentials.
Some settings are available from the DB
- Authentication: Control the way users are authenticated. Correct values are http (apache protect the access) or LemonLDAP which uses LemonLDAP-NG to validate credentials. Default is http
- AliasOnPrimary: can be enabled or disabled (default is enabled). This prop lets you disable the access to Download Ticket Service on your primary domain (the alias /dl won't be added in apache configuration). This is useful if you want the application to be available only with a virtualhost.
- status (enabled|disabled). Enable or disable web access, as well as the demon update
- access (public|private). Public by default, if set to private, access will only be allowed from local networks and IP address allowed to access the server-manager
- Uri: Used to generate download links in email notification. Default is https://$SystemName.$DomainName/dl. (note the name of this property is Uri, not Url)
- DbUser, DbName and DbPassword. Controls MySQL database settings. Default to dl as database name and user. The password is randomly generated after installation. You shouldn't have to change these settings
- MaxUploadSize: max file size in MB of uploaded files. Default is 1024
db configuration setprop dl MaxUploadSize 250 signal-event webapps-update
All actions (ticket and grant creation or expiration, downloads etc...) are logged in /var/log/dl.log
Backup and restore
Uploads are stored in /var/lib/dl. You should backup this directory if you want to be able to restore active tickets.
Integration with LemonLDAP::NG
Download Ticket Service can be protected by LemonLDAP-NG. Here're the steps to protect it
Disable the access on the primary domain
You should disable the access to Download Ticket Service on your primary domain:
db configuration setprop dl AliasOnPrimary disabled signal-event webapps-update
Enable LemonLDAP::NG integration
This contrib support LemonLDAP NG auth quite easily:
db configuration setprop dl Authentication LemonLDAP signal-event webapps-update
Create a new virtualhost for Download Ticket Service
Lets create a new virtualhost for Download Ticket Service. You can choose the name you want, for example, lets create dl.domain.tld:
db domains set dl.$(db configuration get DomainName) domain Content Primary Description 'Download Ticket Service' \ DocumentRoot /usr/share/dl Nameservers internet TemplatePath WebAppVirtualHost \ Authentication LemonLDAP signal-event domain-create dl.$(db configuration get DomainName) db configuration setprop dl Uri https://dl.$(db configuration get DomainName) signal-event webapps-update
Declare this virtualhost in LemonLDAP::NG
You can now create the virtualhost in LemonLDAP management interface. Only /admin.php and /rest.php should be protected. Here're the rules I use:
- Comment: 10auth
- Expression: ^/(admin|rest)\.php
- Rule: $groups =~ /\badmins|equipe\b/
- Comment: default
- Rule: unprotect
You can use Download Ticket Service directly from Thunderbird using its FileLink feature. See http://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/dl/thunderbird.html for more information
Read the documentation on installation but you here are the two things you are likely to need to know :
Rest URL : https://yourserver.yourdomain/dl/rest.php
Error on Add account : Caused by an Invalid Certificate
You'll probably need to manually add your SSL certificate to Thunderbird's trusted certificate list, by going to "Edit" .. "Preferences" .. "Advanced" .. "Certificates" .. "View Certificates" .. "Add Exception".
If you want to remove the contrib, just run:
yum remove dl
The source for this contrib can be found in Firewall-Services's repository .
|update to 0.19