From SME Server
Skeleton, draft: PLEASE FILL THIS IN and CORRECT
Yes, some of this info is scattered around the place but much is not. It can usefully all be in one place with a clear structure.
* Making the project better * Adding funcionality YOU and your users WANT * Fixing a bug that is bugging you * General do-good glow * The project has a deep history. Make the project more in line with current norms * The sincere appreciation of many users
* Build system * Documentation * Help with tools * ???? !!Make it easy, some sort of single package to do the lot!!
* Coders -- document languages accepted, code standards, hooks, apis, etc, and explanations * How to create a fix, feature, etc, testing etc. * Non-coders, where and what needs attention
* How to contribute it! What a contribution consists of, acceptance into project, supporting doc, etc.
* Sources of help, contacts, lists, RocketChat... (potential contrib contacts must be monitored!)
* Add to list of contributors, props, + Some Tangible Reward not money